Wednesday, November 22, 2006

To Grow You Must Be "Pruned"

I am writing to share with you a key key principle for growth - “sometimes you must cut-back before you can have more.” I believe that the church and many of its members want to have far too much and do not want to give up anything to get it. Let's examine this principle outlined by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in John 15. In this passage, Christ describes three types of branches (servants) and the divine methods He uses to get them to grow:

1. The Fruitful – Jesus says these faithful servants must “pruned” in order to grow. This means they must be trimmed or cutback so that they can be more effective and productive. This means they must be relinquish some of their ministry responsibilities, or buy cheaper clothes, for a season so that they can get to the next level. On the surface, this seems unfair that good people must be demoted, yet, beneath the surface there is an incredible revelation - every time you trim a branch it grows back stronger and produces more than it did before.

2. The Fruitless – Jesus says that the fruitless must be “repositioned” so that they can grow. This means that they must move into another place or position to be more effective. These branches are not dead; they are just not in the right place. The key is they still have the ability to produce. Why? Maybe the branch is fruitless because it is being “blocked” by another branch. Perhaps the branch is not getting enough water to build strength. Whatever the reason, this kind of servant must be moved to a more effective place to serve.

3. The Withered - The key difference between the withered and the fruitless is that the withered no longer have the ability to produce. No matter how hard you try to work with a withered branch it will bring forth nothing for it’s time has past. Jesus says we must move on from these branches and caste them aside.

Which kind of branch are you right now? Fruitful, fruitless or withered? Where is the church right now? Fruitful, fruitless or withered? If you want God to release greatness in you and you want to be a part of the coming revival then prepare yourself to be “pruned” or “repositioned.” The Lord is conducting a SHAPE analysis right now on every believer and the Holy Spirit is trying to help you discover how, why and where you were sent to serve. I do not intend to offend anyone, but some of us are not ready for the Lord to do his work and we approach these changes with a carnal mind. I desire for you to be blessed and highly favored of the Lord serving with passion until he comes. So ask yourself a simple question, “Do I want to grow?” If the answer is yes, then you must be willing to be “pruned” or “repositioned.”

I believe that each leader in the kingdom has been called to serve in this season by divine appointment. I hope you feel the same. I hope that you realize that bondages are about to be broken in your life simply because you are either going to be “repositioned” or “pruned” to grow. Do not let the enemy convince you to become one of the “withered,” or shall we say the caste-a-ways. I want you on our team, the Kingdom squad, serving where you are gifted and needed in ministry....kepping it real. This may not be where you want, but it will be where you will be unlocked to prosper. We are going to have a revival real soon!

I pray the Lord’s peace, grace and prosperity upon you and your family. Holla back.

Faithfully Yours,

Pastor D

2 comments:

Kingskid said...

Yes.....you must be pruned. Nobody wants to talk about that....The pain that is involved with becoming fruitful....the fact that the process is sometimes painful. the physical act of pruning is a cutting off thing. And it is done by someone else to the plant involved...And if you are the plant,...it hurts....Usually causes one to say why me??....We forget that all things that happen in our life is allowed by God, and that "all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose"....But the reality is that this is not an easy walk...sometimes it hurts....Look at the examples given to us in His Word.....Joseph, Moses, David, Jacob,....the list goes on and on...no test,...no testimony...The question becomes, How willing are we to accept what is necessary to become what God will have us to be??....Just look at Job....Imagine being in his place,...Could we stand that kind of test with the faith that he did?...To be truthful,....I can't say with confidence that I could....Hopefully, the Lord will have friends with an attitude other than the ones that he had around me to pray me through...Bottom line is that he survived the test and was rewarded for his faithfulness....even after his questions to God....We as Christians are quick to blame everything on the enemy...But,...some of it is just the Lord doing his pruning....So yes, Brother,oops I mean Pastor D I agree, pruning is something we need and will receive, if we are truly called......
Your Brother in Christ, Brother Dave

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord Pastor "D"!

Thank you for posting this blogg on pruning. Here recently I have been pruned from certain areas in ministry and I was beginning to wonder if I was even welcome in my church anymore. Sometimes we grow accustomed to doing things for so many years where we become complacent and lose focus. Instead of going to my Pastor and ask Him what is going on, I began to get in my flesh and let my feeling consume me. Even up to this very hour I was seeking Godly wisdom on what exactly should I do. Because I felt that because my Pastor was new that he was casting me aside. I did repent for my flesh and now I'm asking you to forgive me as well. Again, thank you!!

Your sister in Christ,
SBB